I am 21 years old .Last week on 16th june, my right foot was twisted while I was playing badminton. A swelling appeared on my right ankle and I find it difficult to walk at that time. A surgeon stays right beside my house and I consulted him. He said it was by 90% an ankle sprain and suggested me crepe bandage, volini spray, mobizox and chymoral forte. I took it for 3 days and there was a great relief. I can even walk now - (cannot run.) .But sometimes when I sit on chair or on bed, I feel some sort of pain (bearable pain) at the ankle position. Is this the indication that the actual injury was a fracture. I am doubtful because if it was a fracture I wouldn't be able to walk for almost a week .But I can walk. So is this possible that this a hairline fracture and thats why I can walk. Please tell me the reason behind the pain while sitting or lying on bed. Also the pain occurs sometimes not always and that too for a short period probably 2-3 minutes. Also please suggest some home remedies and precautions.

I am 21 years old .Last week on 16th june, my right foot ...
Hi lybrate-user as you have mentioned about your earlier diagnosis and treatment ,I would like to suggest you for X-RAY of your foot ,in this way you ll be very much clear whether it is even hair line fracture or not, sometimes yes definitely there is hidden pain due to hair line crack so better to be cleared. And yes if there is no fracture case at all it might be panic due to lack of strength so physiotherapy is must in that case because once there is ligament injury after that strengthening is needed so consult to any good Physiotherapist and under her observation learn proper strengthening exercises and stretches because stretches can help you to protect from further any injury .And till now precaution is better than cure so try to avoid exertion and don't try to run.