Pain started the next day of yoga class performed chakarasan halasan n savangasan. Had pain and loss of neck movement. Today even have 5 days my neck movement causes current and the neck and shoulder muscles upto the mid back causes a dull ache. I have exams in a weeks time please help me with relief measures. Have tried my granny's remedies of using a rolling pin in the affected area and massage points with different pain relieving creams and oils. Took allopathy medicine but pain relievers don't seem to help much. Kindly as at the earliest.

Dear lybrate-user I think you have cervical spine problem and need detailed evaluation and imaging to come to a diagnosis. Apply ice for 20 minutes every hourly and take some rest.
Dear patient. There are 2 possibilities The most common one is a neck spasm. You should take some pain killers and muscle relaxantswhich would normally relieve the pain. Other is a cervical spondylitis. But this has a more prolonged course and sudden onset pain is unlikely in this. To differentiate between the two you would need a physical examination and an x ray of the neck.