I am a diabetic patient since 15 years. FBS is 98, PPBS140.My serum creatinine 1.20 ca, ph,sodium are under control in normal range. But I am in diet control (S.Creatinine reduced from 2. 0).My age 52, Height 5'3" weight 40 Kgs (Before kidney problem it was 58. What calorie food I should take to increase weight not affecting Blood Sugar and Kidney?
41 years experience
Ask Free Question
1.Eat five to six meals a day, instead of the three or two usual meals.
2. Eat as much as you can when you do.
3. Eat-Grains, whole grain. No processed versions of these.
4. Eat plenty of fruits, vegetables, dairy, nuts, seeds, 5. No drinking any liquids half an hour before a meal,
6. Eat- Nuts, Cheese, Dried fruits, Whole grains, Beans,Milk, Yogurt
7. Use olive or canola oil for cooking, Try natural peanut, cashew, or almond butters.
Monitor your glucose levels as you make changes in your diet to keep them at a safe level.
8. Increase calorie intake 500 cal/ day for a week may increase to 100 0 cal /day next week 9. Do regular exercise may be some weight lifting to build muscles report after one month.
4 people found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Thank you for your feedback.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.
Book appointment with top doctors for Kidney Disease treatment