Hi doctors, My 20 month old baby girl, suddenly got cold, fever and loose stools with vomit, she tends to vomit whenever she coughs, my pead told due to infection from bottle feeding and to stop at once, then to avoid milk for 1 week, so I feed her with juices only, she prefers only orange juice so I give her fresh juice, but is it safe to give orange juice when cold is there? Any way stopping bottle suddenly is also quite challenging, she accepts milk n juice from bottle only, slowly I need to change her.

Hi doctors, My 20 month old baby girl, suddenly got cold,...
Childhood cold is common, should manage it properly with diet and regimen and with medicine if needed. Bottle fed can cause infection. Usually breast feeding is advisable for up to 6 months for babies .Lactose intolerance should ruled out. Sometimes indigestion also causes regurgitation and vomiting. Orange juice is acidic, may enhance gastric irritation. Gripe water is good for stomach. Ragi porridge, Veg.soup made from carrot/Dal is good.
Hello dear Nisha if the feeders r not properly cleaned ,sterlized they give infections so its better to stop them .orange juice is good but not too much .you can give her porriadge,halwa kheer khichaddi etc .give her medicine at proper time .u can ask for further information
Hi Your child having viral illness and it seems because of problem of lactose intolerance your pediatrician has advised you to stop milk. Definitely the problem of infection is most probably due to bottle feeding but it is also quite natural that you cannot stop the bottle feeding all at once, gradually wean off the child from the bottle and in the meantime strictly adhere to sterilizing the feeding bottles every time you feed the baby. Instead of giving orange juice, when the baby is having cold prefer to give semi solid foods like Daliya, semolina,kichri, etc to your baby.