Resque-Plus Tablet belongs to the drug group known as atypical antipsychotic, used in the treatment of psychotic disorders. This medication can treat schizophrenia and manic depression, both symptoms of bipolar disorder. It is also used for treating irritability symptoms in children suffering from autism.
Resque-Plus Tablet helps in restoring the balance of neurotransmitters (chemical messengers) in the brain, which can eventually reduce the symptoms associated with psychotic disorders.
You can take this medicine in the form of tablets, disintegrating tablets or a solution. It can be a part of combination therapy, meaning you will have to take it with other medications for your treatment.
Resque-Plus Tablet, an atypical antipsychotic medicine, is used for treating various symptoms associated with psychotic disorders. The disorders can be schizophrenia, manic depression in people with bipolar disorder or irritability in autistic children.
It is believed that there is an imbalance of some neurotransmitters in the brain of people suffering from these psychotic disorders. Resque-Plus Tablet helps in the restoration of this imbalance, thus treating the symptoms related to these conditions. The medicine is available in tablet, disintegrating tablet as well as in solution form.
The dosage of Resque-Plus Tablet will be decided by your doctor and ensure that you follow his/her instructions. You can take this medicine with food or without. If you are taking the orally dissolving tablet, allow it to dissolve properly in your mouth and instead of chewing it. You can take it with water that will help you swallow the dissolved tablet. In case you are having it in the liquid form, make sure that you measure the correct amount.
In case of a missed dose, skip it if you are near your next dose. Do not take two doses simultaneously, as overdose of Resque-Plus Tablet can cause rapid heart rate, severe drowsiness and restless movements of the muscles of the face.
The side effects of Resque-Plus Tablet include headache, drooling, drowsiness, nausea, and light-headedness, a feeling of restlessness or weight gain. These mild symptoms normally go away in a few days, but in case it is persistent, a consultation with your doctor may be required. However, there may be certain side effects that will require immediate medical attention:
- Uncontrolled movements of the muscles in the face like frowning, tongue movement and lip smacking
- Swelling or tenderness of the breast in both women and men, missed or irregular menstruation and nipple discharge
- High fever, sweating, tremors, uneven heartbeats and a faint-like feeling
- Unusual bleeding from the mouth, nose, rectum or vagina and red or purple spots under the skin - which is an indication of low platelet levels in the blood
- Increase in appetite, feeling thirsty more often, increase in the amount of urination and nausea - all indicating high blood sugar
- Priapism (prolonged and painful erection of penis)
While you are on medication, avoid alcohol as it can worsen your side effects. You also need to be careful while doing activities that require alertness in your part like driving. Try to get up slowly if you are sitting or lying down to avoid an accidental fall, as you may be feeling dizzy. Apart from that, always keep yourself hydrated by drinking lot of fluids.
Use exactly as directed (do not increase dose or frequency); may cause physical and/or psychological dependence. It may take 2-3 weeks to achieve desired results; do not discontinue without consulting prescriber.
Dilute solution with water, milk, orange or grapefruit juice; do not dilute with beverages containing caffeine, tannin, or pectinate (eg, coffee, colas, tea, or apple juice). Avoid excess caffeine and other prescription or OTC medications not approved by prescriber.
The primary use of this medication is as follows:
How long is the duration of effect?The effect of this medicine can last for an average duration of 24 hours.
What is the onset of action?The peak effect of this medicine can be observed within an hour of oral administration.
Are there any pregnancy warnings?This medicine is not known to cause any harmful effect on the fetus of pregnant women. There is a lack of conclusive evidence from clinical studies and hence benefits and risks should be considered before using it. Consult your doctor before taking this medication.
Is it habit forming?No habit forming tendencies were reported.
Are there any breast-feeding warnings?This medicine is not recommended for use in women who are breastfeeding as the medicine can cause side effects on the baby. Consult your doctor before taking this medication.
Is It safe with alcohol?Consumption of alcohol must be avoided while taking this medicine.
Is it safe to drive while on this medicine?This medicine affects the alertness of the patient. Thus driving ability of the patient is affected, hence driving must be avoided.
Does this affect kidney function?Caution must be taken while using this medicine in patients with kidney disease. Adjustment of dose might be needed. kindly consult your doctor before taking it.
Does this affect liver function?Caution must be taken while using this medicine in patients with liver disease. Adjustment of dose might be needed. kindly consult your doctor before taking it.
Below is the list of medicines, which have the same composition, strength and form as Resque-Plus Tablet , and hence can be used as its substitute.
Are there any missed dose instructions?Take the missed dose as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for the next scheduled dose, then the missed dose can be skipped.
Are there any overdose instructions?Contact your doctor immediately if an overdose is suspected. Symptoms of overdose may include dizziness, restlessness, and confusion. Supportive measures like gastric lavage might be initiated based on the severity of symptoms.
This medicine works by binding to the serotonin (5HT2) and dopamine D2 receptors and inhibits the release of chemical substances thus helps in reducing the symptoms.
Whenever you take more than one medicine, or mix it with certain foods or beverages, you"re at risk of a drug interaction.
Interaction with Alcohol
EthanolConsumption of alcohol while taking Resque-Plus Tablet is not recommended. Any activity requiring a high level of mental alertness should be avoided in such cases.
Interaction with Lab Test
LabInformation not available.
Interaction with Medicine
Interaction with Food
FoodInformation not available.
Interaction with Disease
- Low to moderately sedating, use with caution in disorders where CNS depression is a feature. Use with caution in Parkinson's disease.
- Caution in patients with hemodynamic instability; bone marrow suppression; predisposition to seizures; subcortical brain damage; severe cardiac, hepatic, or respiratory disease.
- Use with caution in renal dysfunction.
- Esophageal dysmotility and aspiration have been associated with antipsychotic use - use with caution in patients at risk of aspiration pneumonia (ie, Alzheimer's disease).
- Caution in breast cancer or other prolactin-dependent tumors (may elevate prolactin levels).
- May alter temperature regulation or mask toxicity of other drugs due to antiemetic effects.
- May alter cardiac conduction (low risk relative to other neuroleptics) - life-threatening arrhythmias have occurred with therapeutic doses of neuroleptics. Avoid in patients with QT prolongation.
- Use with caution in elderly patients or in patients who would not tolerate transient hypotensive episodes (cerebrovascular or cardiovascular disease) due to potential for orthostasis.
- May cause extrapyramidal reactions, including pseudoparkinsonism, acute dystonic reactions, akathisia, and tardive dyskinesia (risk of these reactions is low relative to other neuroleptics, and is dose-dependent).
- May be associated with neuroleptic malignant syndrome (NMS) or pigmentary retinopathy.
Ques: What is Resque-Plus Tablet?
Ques: What is Resque-Plus Tablet used for?
Ques: How long do I need to use Resque-Plus Tablet before I see improvement in my condition?
Ques: At what frequency do I need to use Resque-Plus Tablet?
Ques: Should I use Resque-Plus Tablet empty stomach, before food or after food?
Ques: What are the instructions for the storage and disposal of Resque-Plus Tablet?
Ques: How long does Resque-Plus Tablet take to work?
Ques: What if I don't get better after using Resque-Plus Tablet?
Ques: Is Resque-Plus Tablet good for anxiety?
Ques: Can Resque-Plus Tablet cause weight gain?
Lybrate is a medium to provide our audience with the common information on medicines and does not guarantee its accuracy or exhaustiveness. Even if there is no mention of a warning for any drug or combination, it never means that we are claiming that the drug or combination is safe for consumption without any proper consultation with an expert.
Lybrate does not take responsibility for any aspect of medicines or treatments. If you have any doubts about your medication, we strongly recommend you to see a doctor immediately.