Laser Hair Treatment
Hair Loss Treatment
Laser Hair Reduction
Skin Resurfacing & Cellulite Treatment
Advanced Skin Care
Acne Scars Treatment
Pigmentation & Under Eye Circle
Skin Revival Treatment
Skin Rejuvination Treatment
Age Miracle Treatment
Skin Refinement Treatment
Skin Laser Treatment
Fine Line & Stretch Marks Removal Treatment
Facial Hair Transplant
Platelet Rich Plasma
Fine Lines & Stretch Marks
Collagen Induction Therapy
Laser Skin Technology
Tags & Freckles
Age Spots & Tatoo Removal
Pigmentation & Under Eye Circles
Skin care is one of the most important regimes in a person’s life. It totally evolves the skin texture and helps in making skin breathe. Who doesn’t know the current status of the environment? Just like it is dynamic, our skin too keeps changing with the weather. It is the largest organ of the body and never remains the same. It ages too as we age and in order to age gracefully; we should take proper care of it.
Our skin bears a lot of things everyday whether it is pollution, harsh chemicals in the form of creams and stress. Stress also affects our skin a lot. In fact, it shows on our skin and our skin starts facing the negative effects of it. These days skin care products which are produced from natural ingredients do not have dangerous chemicals. They do not have side effects also if they do not affect the skin. Pigmentation on the face has affected many people. Pigmentation happens when our body produces too much of a chemical which is known as melanin. Pigmentation on the face is the most prominent though it can also occur on other parts of the body. Acne scars are one of the most major types of scars that become very difficult to cover up. In fact, our face starts to look ugly when they get worse. Today, markets are bombarded with plenty of acne scars treatment and help treating various conditions. Don’t go for the miracle cures when we talk about acne scars treatment as even worsen the condition.
Today, with the advent of technology and science many treatments are available. Laser treatment, dermabrasion and face contouring are one of the most renowned acne scar treatments. Apart from skin problems, one condition which is inevitable is ageing. We all will age at a certain age and its effects starts showing too. Wrinkles, freckles and fine lines are one of the most apparent signs of aging. But, don’t be scared! Today wrinkle removal treatments are available to get rid of the signs of aging. Wrinkle removal treatments include laser treatments and wrinkle creams. The best part of using them is that they take less time for the results to show and are pain less. Moreover, these treatments give a young and bright looking skin. Our face is the most visible part of our body and bears a lot of things every day. Harsh sun rays increases pigmentation on the face and makes it look dull and pale. Avail advanced treatments and make your skin look a decade young!
Chemical peeling is a medical procedure which includes application of a chemical agent to the skin, causing controlled destruction of the epidermis, with or without the dermis, leading to exfoliation and removal of superficial lesions, followed by regeneration of new epidermal and dermal tissues. In simple words chemical peeling or chemical rejuvenation is procedure where a chemical agent or combination of agents of defined strength are applied the skin causing a controlled destruction of layers of the skin. This is followed by regeneration and remodeling leading to improvement of texture and surface abnormalities. It is a safe, effective and affordable option for improving skin ageing and imperfections.
Skin is considered the largest organ of the body and has many different functions. The skin is divided in two main regions, the epidermis and the dermis. The dermis is attached to an underlying hypodermis also called subcutaneous connective tissue.
Epidermis: It is the most superficial layer of the skin. The first barrier of protection from the invasion of foreign substances. The epidermis is divided into four layers – stratum corneum, stratum granulosum, stratum spinosum and stratum basalis(basal layer).
Dermis: It is composed of fibroblasts which are responsible for secreting collagen, elastin and ground substance that gives support and elasticity to skin. It supplies the epidermis with nutrients and has its role in thermoregulation. The dermis is subdivided into two zones, upper papillary and lower reticular layer.
Classification of peels according to histological depth
- Very superficial peel – Exfoliation of the stratum cormeum, without any epidermal necrosis.
- Superficial peel – Destruction of the full epidermis, up to the basal layer
- Medium peel – Destruction of the epidermis, papillary dermis and upto the upper one third of the reticular dermis.
- Deep peel – Necrosis of the entire epidermis and papillary dermis with inflammation extending to the mid reticular dermis.
Classification of chemical peeling agents
Very superficial Peel:
- Glycolic Acid 30-50% applied for 1-2 minutes
- TCA* 10% applied as one coat
- Jessner’s solution 1-3 coats
- Glycolic acid 50-70% applied for 2-10 mins (depending on the type and thickness of the skin)
- TCA 10-30%
- Jessner’s solution 4-10 coats
- Very superficial and superficial Peels are the mildest form and often called, “the lunchtime peel.” These peels break down corneocyte adhesion, causing dead skin cells to shed off to reveal the fresh, healthy underlying skin. These peels address minor skin irregularities like discoloration, acne, surface scarring, fine lines, and sun spots.
- Glycolic acid 70% applied for 3-30 mins (depending on the type and thickness of the skin)
- TCA 35-50%
- Glycolic Acid 70% plus TCA 35%
- Jessner’s solution plus TCA 35%
- Phenol 88%
- Baker Gordon phenol formula
- Medium and deep peels increase the collagen and glycosaminoglycans content, cause collagen remodeling and increase dermal thickness to improve the clinical appearance of the skin with reduced wrinkles, skin tightening and pigmentary dyschromia.
Reason behind chemical peeling:
- Wound healing process is an important reason for rejuvenation. The phases of wound healing after chemical exfoliation are apparent:
- Inflammatory phase (1-5 days) – This phase is evident after peeling as erythma and swelling on the skin
- Proliferative phase (2-21 days) – In superficial peels, the basement membrane is intact, hence normal epidermis is restored in 2 to 3 days. In medium to deep peels, wound is below basement membrane and re-epithelialization takes time.
- Remodeling phase (3 weeks to 2 years) – collagen remodeling is the main reason that chemical peels cause rejuvenation and reduce wrinkles.
Indications for peels:
1. Pigmentary disorders
- Resistant melasma
- Pigmented cosmetic dermatitis
- Post inflammatory hyperpigmentation
- Comedonal acne
- Post acne scars
- Acne cosmetic
- Acne excoriee
- Fine wrinkling
- Skin glow and rejuvenation
- Oily to rough skin
- Actinic keratosis
- Keratosis pilaris
- Macular amyloidosis
- Dilated pores
- Seborrheic keratoses
- Active bacterial, viral and fungal infection and open wounds
- Oral isotretinoin use within the past three months
- Pregnancy and breast feeding
- History of keloid formation
- History of taking oral contraceptive and photosensitive drugs
- Unrealistic patient expectation
- Uncooperative patient, eg. Patient is careless about sun exposure or application of medicine
- For medium depth and deep peels, history of abnormal scarring, atrophic skin and isotretinoin use in the last six months.
How to choose a patient:
A patient should be chosen depending upon 4P’s:
P – Pathology
P – Point of depth required
P – Patients skin
P – Previous peeling agents
Many peels like mandelic acid, kojic acid, lactic acid, citric acid and many more have been introduced in the market which are also available in combination. These peels are not only more skin friendly but also more patient friendly. They have buffering agents like licorice extract and willow bark extract to minimize irritation to skin and antioxidants to infuse the skin with restorative nutrients. The change in the skin often occurs at cellular level and are not apparent to the naked hence making it more popular amongst busy patients who are seeking effective treatments quickly with little or no downtime.
Benefits of chemical peels:
The skin becomes noticeably smoother and rejuvenated.
- It reduces pigmentation, improves dull and uneven skin tone, reduces signs of photoagaeing, acne and enlarged pores.
- Removes dead and damaged skin cells and improves skin texture
- Helps in removal of tan
- Skin becomes brighter and more vivid because chemical peels not only cause re-epithelialization of the epidermis but also collagen remodeling.
Pre peel and post peel precautions:
- Patient has to be motivated enough to get multiple sittings of the peel ( 4-8, depending on the indication and type of peel) every 2-3 weekly to get the desired result.
- Patient should not wax, bleach, scrub, shave(the same day) or get any other aesthetic procedure like microdermabrasion, ipl, derma-roller one day before the chemical peel procedure. A gap of at least 7 days before and after the peel should be maintained.
- Patient should use a mild soap/ non soap cleanser after the peel
- Broad spectrum sunscreen and moisturizer should be used liberally, at least 2-3 times a day and sun exposure should be avoided.
- Patient should be strictly prohibited from scratching, picking or scrubbing the skin.
Take home message:
Chemical peeling is a simple office procedure for the treatment of acne, pigmentation, skin rejuvenation and photo ageing. These are not one time procedures but require 6-8 sessions and maintenance peels to achieve maximum improvement and prevent recurrences. The newer peels are safer and effective.
In one’s fight with cancer, an inevitable harsh reality stands in the face- imminent loss of hair with cycles of chemotherapy and radiotherapy. Cancer treatment aftermaths is not about a person’s battle with the disease but with oneself after he or she has already defeated one’s cruelest enemy.
We fully and absolutely agree that Beauty is Skin Deep; but it’s just that having gorgeous locks of hair does wonders in boosting one’s self-esteem and confidence. We, at Berkowits, bow down to the warrior spirits in you and lends you a friendly helping hand by offering distinct wigs and hair prosthetics for cancer patients and cancer survivors.
For cancer patients there is wide variety of wigs to choose from, in various styles and colors depending upon an individual’s desires and requirements. These wigs are lightweight, comfortable, safe and are suitably ventilated to wear during heat and humidity. The experts at our clinic assist you in choosing the right wig depending on your face, personality and these wigs can be styled as per your wish. Patients suffering from Alopecia areata totalis and Alopecia aerate universalist can avail this facility. Berkowits provide wigs for cancer patients, best hair wigs for cancer patients, synthetic hair wigs for cancer patients, wigs for cancer patients in Delhi.
Various types of wigs available at our clinic are:
- Ready-to-wear human hair wig
- ?Made from 100% real human hair and looks natural
- Durable and lasts long
- Can be styled, colored, blow-dried etc. just like your own hair
- Ready-to-wear synthetic hair wig
- Made from synthetic thread
- Easy to wash, leave to dry and care for as they bounce back to their original shape and style
- Hair dryer and heated rollers cannot be used
- Cheaper than human hair wig
- Customized wigs
- Tailor made to suit your face, persona and can be styled and colored as per your desire
- Can be made from synthetic or human hair
In the competitive scenario of today, you need to look appealing and pleasant. Period. Though your skill sets and knowledge base are very essential factors to clinch that coveted job, you need to look your best.
The advantages of having a good skin is not limited to your career alone—they extend to social circles, family gatherings and all other places where you need to cast a good impression. So, if you desire to be recognized in a crowd and want to stand far above the rest, then you need to find your way to a good skin clinic.
Role of professional skin Clinic
Different individuals boast of different types of skin tones, color and type. Professional skin clinics are well equipped to address the tailored requirements of dry, oily, flaky, aging and combination skin. They offer various modes of treatment to cure freckles, fine lines, acne, scars, dark spots, hyper-pigmentation and so forth.
Going a long way in enhancing the overall looks and personality of their clients, the technicians and experts connected with these skin clinics have years of experience and expertise behind then. They are aware of all the latest techniques of analyzing your skin problems and offering the best treatment possible.
How do you select the best skin clinic for yourself? Take a look.
Before you select a skin care center, you must make sure that they it is ready to offer the services that you wish you enjoy. Along with providing solutions for the problem on hand, the skin clinic should also have advanced facilities for treatment of hair loss, unwanted hair, acne, patchy skin and so on. The list can be endless.
Experience of the Technicians and Staff
Before starting with the treatment, you should go through the details of its success rate, side effects and potential complications with the doctor or technician involved. To get good, speedy and positive results, you need to look for a skin clinic that caters to its patients in the best possible way and provides professional after-care.
Advanced equipments and tools
The skin care facility should provide the latest and most sophisticated tools to provide the highest levels of services. The technicians handling these tools should be well experienced and efficient in their job and know how to take care of accidental skin damage—if any.
Most skin clinic in Delhi treatments are affordable and fall within easy reach of patients. It is important to ascertain the full cost of the prescribed treatment, the duration and number of sessions and all other ancillary costs involved. You should also get a fair idea of the price of products that you need to use at home—after the treatment in the clinic is over.
These are few of the prime factors that need consideration in the process of selecting the “right” clinic for your facial skin issues and problems.
The duration of the Hair Transplant is dependent on multiple factors. Namely:
1) The number of grafts being implanted
2) The procedure being followed
The number of grafts being implanted
Grafts or hair roots that are extracted and implanted in a procedure determine the duration of the surgery. Each graft can have 1-5 hair strands. Many clinics use hair and grafts interchangeably which is an unethical practice as each graft can contain 1-5 hair.
The Procedure being followed
Majorly, there are two types of Hair Transplant surgeries. (The other types are variants of these procedures)
FUE: Follicular Unit Extraction, as the name suggests, each hair unit is individually extracted i.e each graft is individually extracted. It is a very labour intensive process and the time of the surgery depends upon the experience of the Hair Transplant Team. we boast of a highly skilled Hair Transplant Team that can implant upto 3500 hair grafts in 8 hours.
FUT: Follicular Unit Transplant or Strip Hair Transplant, uses a strip of the scalp to extract hair grafts. A strip of the scalp is cut and is handed over to an experienced technician to dissect and separate the hair grafts from. It usually takes 4 to 6 hours.
Below is table that takes into account the procedure and the number of grafts to approximate the surgery time.
|Number of Grafts||Procedure Type||Number of Hours|
|1000 to 1500||FUE||6|
|1000 to 1500||FUT||4|
|1500 to 2500||FUE||7|
|1500 to 2500||FUT||5|
|2500 to 3500||FUE||8|
|2500 to 3500||FUT||6|
|More than 3500||FUE||Done over 2 Days|
|More than 3500||FUT||8|
We all want to look our best. Being well dressed and presentable boosts our confidence and equips us to deal better with any professional or personal obligations that we may have. Someone who’s sharply dressed, well done hair, properly done eyebrows, no trace of facial or body hair, will make a better first impression than someone who’s unkempt. And it is a commonly agreed upon fact that the first impression on someone will speak volumes about our future interactions with them.
One of the most observable feature of our entire getup is facial and body hair. Imagine being completely updated with the latest trends while choosing an attire, but then your body hair shows through! It will be a little disconcerting and plays down all our efforts. Understandably, going to salons for waxing/threading or even tweezing on a regular basis can be time consuming and many times, we might also feel too lazy to step out for the sole purpose of hair removal. Rather than going to the parlour for hair removal every month (and in some case, once in every two weeks even), it makes more sense to find a more permanent solution to this. Opting for laser hair removal can rid us of this headache (Learn more about headache/migrain problem).
Laser hair removal is a modern technology developed for the increasingly chic and conscious population that likes to be always ready to go out without worrying about a disturbing view of stubble spoiling their look. Laser hair removal is a non-invasive procedure that removes unwanted hair from our body without major side effects, by using a long pulsed laser. Lasers can cause localized damage by selectively heating dark matter or melanin. Hence, it targets the hair follicle, while not heating the rest of the skin. General side effects include mild itchiness, temporary redness and swelling, pain, tingling or a temporary feeling of numbness. (Learn more about Laser Hair Removal Treatment)
But, be careful as to do careful research before finalising your specialist. It’s imperative to hold thorough discussions with the team that carries out the hair removal and be assured of their competence.
We all know that skin clinics are there to help us with our skin problems. Visiting a skin clinic helps you in getting rid of those unsightly blemishes and also improves the texture of the skin. Complete skin care starts from within but when home remedies and other medications are not helping, then it is better to seek a professional treatment.
Acne is a common problem that most people suffer from these days especially teenagers and young adults. Acne is caused by increased hormones and clogged pores or bacteria. Most people treat it by cleansing, using topical ointments or even oral contraceptives. But when your acne becomes severe, it leads to scars that are not good in appearance and can become dark with time. When you visit a skin clinic, the skin care practitioner will identify your scar type and take steps accordingly. There are many acne scar removal techniques present and not all treatment procedures may work for you, your skin care provider will choose the best procedure for you. Basic skin care starts at home where you can wash your face twice a day with a mild face wash. Keep in mind that whenever you step out of your home in day, sunscreen is a must. It will not only protect you from harsh UV rays but also protect you from aging fast. Glowing skin comes from healing your body from inside by eating nutritious and healthy food everyday that is full of proteins and vitamins.
If you are facing severe acne scar problems, then it is best for you to visit a professional skin clinic and get yourself a laser or a light treatment. Laser treatment for scar removal is considered the best these days as it requires half an hour or so and leaves no scar after the treatment. During the treatment, laser goes deep in the skin to remove the scar from inside and out which is quite effective. It has only temporary side effects which away after sometime but you will have a healthy skin anyway after it. We should also exfoliate our skin to remove the dirt settled in the pores and provide it a clean and refreshing look. Skin care is all about giving proper attention to our skin and we should keep it in mind that by using every treatment or every cream will not nourish our skin rather make it rashed and pale. Thus, a little care with proper regime is enough to have a glowing skin. Always ensure that you take out time to make out what kind of treatment and repair your face requires.
Here are procedures, results and precautions of Chemical Peel and Microneedling.