Natural tomato juice is known to be a superfood owing to its mineral and vitamin content. It possesses vital nutrients such as vitamin K, vitamin B5, B1, B6, B2, B5, B3, vitamin A, iron, magnesium and phosphorous. These minerals and vitamins have been scientifically proven to have health and beauty benefits. Consuming a glass of raw tomato juice is all one needs to remain healthy and fit.
Here is a list of some of the amazing health benefits of raw tomato juice:
- Source of vitamin C and A: Vitamin C and A are present in abundant quantities in tomato juice. Both these vitamins can pay rich dividends in improving vision, maintaining a healthy immune system, maintaining the health of the bones and the teeth etc.
- Prevents cholesterol: A glass of tomato juice can do a world of good in preventing high cholesterol. Being rich in fiber, it can successfully break down the LDL in the body. It is also a powerhouse of Vitamin B3 and niacin. Both these nutrients are a vital component of cholesterol stabilization.
- Helps in weight loss: Tomato juice is a very good source of hydration. Owing to its high fiber content and reduced sodium content, it ensures that the body doesn’t feel hungry or weak easily. It provides the body with adequate calories and nutrients to run the metabolic process while ensuring that no extra fat gets added.
- Smoothens bowel movement: A cup of tomato juice can do wonders for a regular bowel movement. Owing to its high fiber content, it can aid digestion, keep the liver healthy and prevent constipation.
- Breaks Down Homocysteine: Homocysteine is a harmful compound that can cause severe damage to the walls of the blood vessels which can result in complicated cardiovascular diseases. Tomato juice has the capability to break down this compound into harmless molecules and eliminate it from the body in the form of excreta.
- Detoxification: Due to the presence of sulfur and chlorine, tomato juice acts as a detoxification agent for the body. It aids the liver and the kidney to function properly and protect the body from any potential infection. Tomato juice can thus remove toxins from the body.
- Cancer protection: Many studies have proved that tomatoes can be a differentiator when it comes to cancer. It has a component known as lycopene that can protect the body against certain cancer types such as lung cancer, prostate cancer, breast cancer, colorectal cancer, pancreatic cancer etc.
- Skin protection: Tomato juice can do wonders for the skin as well. It can fix the discoloration of the skin, get rid of tan, prevent acne, shrink open pores in the body, regulate the secretion of sebum thereby balancing oily skin.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!