PCOD - How Ayurveda Medicines & Treatment Is Beneficial For You?
Polycystic ovary disease or PCOD is a kind of hormonal disorder in which a woman produces a surplus of male hormones like testosterone. High levels of male hormones produce symptoms like irregular ovulation or no ovulation at all. In simple words, women with PCOD or PCOS don’t release a mature egg from their ovaries every month resulting in infertility. PCOD affects one in 10 women worldwide.
Women suffering from PCOD suffer from symptoms like heavy vaginal bleeding. This is because, as they don’t ovulate and produce the hormone Progesterone like normal women do and have normal periods, the lining of their uteri becomes thick leading to heavy bleeding and sometimes uterine cancer.
Here we discuss ayurvedic treatment for pcod problems, also find out symptoms of cyst in the ovary. Also, Check out the benefits of ayurvedic medicine or herbs such as Shatavari, Guduchi, Triphala, Aloe Vera, and more for PCOS in women.
Common Symptoms of PCOS
- Weight gain
- Oily skin
- Heart problems
- Irregular periods
- Mood swings and depression
There is a propensity for developing diabetes as well in PCOS affected, as a number of women with PCOD are resistant to the action of the hormone insulin used for sugar metabolism. This means that it takes larger than normal amounts of insulin to maintain normal blood sugar levels. Though fairly common, PCOD has no surefire cure in mainstream allopathic medicine but Ayurveda treatment can help in PCOD symptoms in a big way.
PCOD - How Ayurveda Treatment Can Help?
- In Ayurveda, PCOD is caused due to an imbalance of any of the two doshas - Pitta (Fire) and Kapha (Water). Aggravated Pitta causes contamination of the dhatus or tissues like blood and plasma. This causes a buildup of toxins or ama in the body.
- In PCOS patients, these toxins get accumulated in the channels of the mind, leading to an imbalance of hormones secreted by the pituitary gland. This results in an imbalance of female hormones and causes the formation of ovarian cysts which is nothing but a collection of fluids within the ovary, anovulatory periods or periods with no ovulation, etc.
Ayurvedic Herbal Remedies for PCOD
Ayurveda remedies work on these problems that occur due to Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome.
- Correcting hormonal imbalance
- Reducing obesity
- Reducing high cholesterol levels
- Treatment for insulin resistance
Ayurvedic Herbs like Ashoka (saraca asoca), Dashamoola are amongst a group of herbs which are used to prepare Sukumara Kashaya like Ashwagandha, Eranda, Shatavari etc for correcting hormonal imbalance.
Which Ayurvedic Medicine is Best for PCOD or PCOS Problem?
1. Shatavari or Asparagus racemosus: This ayurvedic remedy helps mainly in promoting the normal development of ovarian follicles. It also regulates periods and aids in revitalizing the female reproductive system. Ayurvedic medicine Shatavari also helps in controlling high levels of insulin due to PCOS, due to its phytoestrogen or natural plant-based estrogen levels.
2. Guduchi: In ayurvedic treatment for pcod problem, Guduchi is a powerful anti-inflammatory ayurvedic herb. We know that chronic inflammation in body tissues is the root cause of insulin imbalance and ovarian cysts in women. This ayurvedic herb helps in revitalizing body tissues and lowering insulin resistance.
3. Shatapushpa or fennel: Fennel seeds are used as a supplement as the phytoestrogens in them bring down inflammation and control insulin resistance.
4.Triphala: Effective Ayurvedic medicine for pcod problem is Triphala, Which is rich in vitamin C- a powerful natural antioxidant that helps in reducing inflammation by reducing free radicals. Hence this remedy is excellent for cleansing and detoxifying systems and is, therefore, best taken prior to taking any other Ayurvedic medicines to improve outcome.
5. Aloe Vera- Kumari (Aloe barbadensis): Aloe Vera is yet another Ayurvedic herb that is extremely beneficial in treating PCOS as it helps in regularizing menstrual cycles and promote normal menstruation. It also normalizes hormonal imbalance.
Get advice from top Ayurveda practitioner on polycystic ovarian syndrome ayurvedic treatment, frequency, and dosage of medications based on the symptoms and your medical history.
Update From Lybrate: Due to stress and hectic lifestyle, sexual bliss has become a dream for many. Buy these Sexual Wellness Products from Lybrate's GoodKart. To keep your sex life alive and kicking