What is the remedy about?
Loose motion is a condition when the affected person excretes watery stools multiple times a day and it is generally caused by bacterial or parasitic infections, food poisoning and over consumption of spicy food. It lasts normally for 2-3 days. It dehydrates and weakens the affected person.
- Unripe banana:Green unripe bananas contain pectin and astringent in nature that can stop and reduce loose bowel movement. Description:Boil green 2-3 bananas, mash it with pinch of salt and have it with or without rice. You can have green banana by putting it in soup or curry.
- Bottle gourd:Bottle gourd juice is a very good drink if you’re suffering from loose motion. It soothes your tummy and helps to hydrate your body.Description:Take a fresh bottle gourd, cut it into pieces and grind it in a mixer grinder to extract juice from it. Drink this juice twice a day to rehydrate your body that is losing excessive water due to loose motion.
- Ginger powder:Ginger is anti-fungal and anti-inflammatory in nature that improves digestion and soothes tummy ache. Description:Add half teaspoon of ginger powder in a cup of milk and drink the mixture 3 to 4 times a day to get instant relief.
- Peppermint:This herb is anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal and anti-viral in nature thereby provides instant relief from loose motion. Description:In a glass of water add 1 teaspoon of lemon juice and mint leaves juice extracted by crushing 10-20 mint tree leaves. Drink this mixture 3-4 times a day for better results.
- Coriander leaves:It contains important essential oils like Borneol and Linalool that helps in proper digestion and improves liver function. Description:Take 3-4 tablespoons of coriander leaves and grind it to make a paste. Add the paste in a glass of water and 2-3 tablespoons of lemon juice. Drink this juice 2-3 times a day.
Are there any side effects?
- If banana is eaten in excess, it may cause constipation, obesity, low blood pressure etc. If you’re allergic to bananas then you may suffer from stomach pain, vomiting and respiratory difficulties.
- If gourd juice doesn’t suit then it may cause nausea, vomiting, gastrointestinal discomfort etc.
- If ginger is taken in excess then it may cause stomach discomfort and diarrhoea.
- Peppermint if taken in excess causes heart burn, flushing, headache, mouth sores etc.
- Coriander might cause nausea, stomach problems, loss of appetite, indigestion, bowel spasm, diarrhoea etc.
What are the post-remedy guidelines?
- Try to avoid eating spicy and junk food outside.
- Don’t over eat.
- Before you start drinking bottle gourd juice to treat your loose motion, taste it to check for its bitterness. You should not drink juice if it is bitter.
- Don’t eat unripe bananas in excess as it may cause constipation.
How long does it take to recover?
This condition can be treated at home with natural home remedies within 2 to 3 days. Consult your doctor if your bowel movement doesn’t improve even after 3 days.
Are the results of the remedy permanent?
Remedies for loose motion gives permanent relief from the bacterial or viral infection thus causing loose motion. But if you don’t restrict and check your food habits then the loose motion can recur.
Is there any training or experts required?
The home remedies mentioned here doesn’t involve any complex dosage or inorganic substances to cure your loose motion. These are entirely homemade remedies and are considered to be safe. So it is not required to get expert’s help before you start with these home remedies.