For a person’s overall health, a healthy love life is an essential component. Overall health affects your intimate life and vice versa. There are various reasons for impaired sex life, though, but because it is a very private topic, most people are not comfortable talking about it.
For men especially, talking about reduced sexuality can be very embarrassing, as they think it is unmanly to have this problem. Erectile dysfunction (ED) or impotence is an extremely common problem. It is the inability to attain and sustain an erection long enough for the partner to be satisfied.
The following are some common causes of erectile dysfunction in men. Getting to identify the problem is half the problem solved, and therefore it is very important to know the reason behind the ED.
- Impaired blood and nerve supply leads to a gradual decrease in the strength and duration of the erection. This is also aggravated by conditions like heart disease and diabetes which are common in old age.
- Effect on the circulatory, nervous, and musculoskeletal system of the groin or the pelvic area due to trauma, infections, accidents, or diseases like vascular conditions or neurological disorders.
- Reduced testosterone hormone levels in the body.
- Many anti-hypertensive drugs, anti-histaminic drugs, anti-depressants, etc., can cause ED.
- Chronic smoking, alcohol and drug abuse also lead to erectile dysfunction
- Psychological factors , such as emotional stress, performance anxiety, depression, low self-esteem, and fear of sexual failure leading to erectile dysfunction.
There is a longer list of safe, proven, efficacious products which can help in treating this problem.
- Chewing 2 to 3 cloves of garlic on a daily basis is one of the best ways to treat sexual impotence.
- Onions, especially white onions, are also known to increase libido and strengthen the reproductive system.
- Finely chopped carrots mixed with half-boiled egg and honey is known to increase sexual stamina.
- Dried roots of asparagus mixed in milk can be consumed twice daily to treat sexual impotency and prevent premature ejaculation.
- Drumstick flowers added to boiled milk is another effective way. The powder of the bark also can be mixed with honey and used daily.
- Ginger juice mixed with half-boiled egg and honey works wonders in curing impotency and premature ejaculation.
- A mixture of various dry fruits including dates, almonds, and pistachios can be used on a daily basis to increase sexual power.
- Black raisins eaten with a glass of warm milk daily also is very effective
- Jambul fruit mixed with milk and a little honey added to it is also used to treat impotence.
In addition, counselling the couple to support each other, healthy diet, good exercise, and sleep are equally important to treat ED.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!