I am suffering from halitosis since 7 years but I brush my teeth twice daily and use mouthwash
From today 2 week ago I visit hospital and consult with throat doctor they diagnose that I am suffering from pharyngitis they prescribe me drugs for 1st week was rabeprazole, levocetirizine and a chlorhexidine mouthwash after a week I revisit they change betadine withouthwash after using again a week I hv still this problem of chronic bad breath pls help how to get rid to this.
Hello Lybrate User,
Bad breath is also known as Halitosis, foul smelling odor that seems to come from the mouth cavity. Dry mouth, certain foods such as Onion and garlic because they contain smelly sulfur compounds., poor dental hygiene are few causes of bad breath. Self care technique can help to minimize bad breath, these techniques are as follows - * use oral care products, like mouthwashes and toothpastes.
* proper oral care, brush and floss your teeth at least twice a day and use fluoride toothpaste.
* stimulate your salivary flow - prevent dry mouth with chewing gum or mints.
* eat fibrous fruits and vegetables.
* Brush your teeth occasionally with baking soda.
* stop smoking.
* Drink plenty of water.
* Take a dietary supplement - Vitamin C, D, E and B help to eliminate excess mucus and toxins naturally.
* Avoid alcohol. i. Clean your tongue daily. Along with that take Homeopathic treatment, the natural homeopathic remedies for bad breath, which are completely safe and no side effects. Homeopathic remedies provide a permanent treatment for bad breath. For homeopathic treatment consult me on lybrate privately. Take care.
Get scaling done from a dentist every 6 months and start brushing twice daily after meals.
Was this answer helpful?
Thank you for your feedback.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.
Book appointment with top doctors for Bad Breath treatment