Get help from best doctors, anonymously
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

I am suffering from back pain from a while now. Its almost 12 days now. In xray it is written in report that it is some loss of lumbar lordosis due to muscle spasm. Its like I am having this back problem from a while like its 5 years now. But before it was like it strike in weeks for one or two days. But now its almost 12 days continuously. I am even taking medicine. I have consulted to doctor and he told me to have som pain killer and a gastric medicine as well as calcium with vitamin d3. Even I am applying moov in that area like 3 times. Still I am suffering problem. And still pain is there. As what the xray report says loss of lumar lordosis due to muscle spasm. Is this a normal thing? Or I should consult some other doctor?

4 Doctors Answered
I am suffering from back pain from a while now. Its almos...
Hi...Keep habit of sitting in proper erect position... Dont lift heavy objects...have some rest... U can take Homeopathic meds with your routine painkillers... Homeopathic meds are free from any side effects... You can consult me privately if needed... Tc. Need your valuable feedback. Regards
I am suffering from back pain from a while now. Its almos...
Most of the time back Pain is due to lack of exercise or due to weak muscles of back. Due to streightning of lumbar spine that is called loss of lordosis & that is due to sustained contraction of lumbar muscles, you r having pain. U can consult your doctor again so that he can give you some muscle relaxant kind of stuff.
I am suffering from back pain from a while now. Its almos...
Hiii Normally the lumbar spine has a mild curve which we call as lordosis. Because of certain reasons the lordosis may be lost. This may cause back pain. As you have said, you had history of back pain from 5 years, it looks like the process of losing lumbar lordosis has been going from last 5 years. Initially it used to resolve earlier because it was in the starting stage. Now that it has progressed, its taking time to recover. As of now Its better to prevent aggravating activities like bending, lifting weight, prolonged sitting Apply warm water fermentation for atleast 15 minutes Its better if you go for certain physiotherapy exercises to correct your postural problem and correct your spine. The exercises need to be taught by a physiotherapist. Its also good if you can visit a clinic nearby for certain modalities If you can share your xray, you can consult me privately for further guidance. Hope you recover soon.
I am suffering from back pain from a while now. Its almos...
Lower back pain can happen due to several causes. However at your age it is often due to disc degeneration. This in common terms would mean early stages of spondylosis. An award winning scientific research done by my team revealed has shown that by the time Indians reach 30 years of age, 30 % start showing signs of disc degeneration and a handful of them start having episodes of back pain such as yours. There's no need to get worried as this is a part of the normal physiological process. For pain, I would advice you to take a pain killer twice a day for 5 days. Use hot compress twice daily for 15 mins each time and a gel (oxalgin nano gel) 3 times a day. Apart from this go for a walk twice a day. Avoid bending much and do not lift heavy weights and sit or squat on the floor. Go to a physiotherapist who will teach you core strengthening exercises. While the degeneration can not be reversed, it can be prevented from aggravating. If the pain doesn't decrease, you will need to be investigated further for other causes of back pain. Best of luck!
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.