Hi Sir/Mam, I frequently get Mouth ulcers which lasts for more than a week or sometimes 10 days though I stopped eating junk foods. I consulted many doctors regarding this issue but each of them gave different different reasons (some said due to lack of Vitamin-C, some said due to iron Deficiency ,some said due to eating outside junk foods and some other said due to infection) .May I know the correct reason why do I get so?

Hi Sir/Mam,
I frequently get Mouth ulcers which lasts for...
Nutritional deficiency, excessive stress & debilitating disease can cause ulcer. Exercise regularly. Have a balanced diet. Eat lot of fruits & green leafy vegetables & drink plenty of water. Increase dietary intake of vitamin B, folic acid, iron and use of vitamin supplements etc. Kindly consult a dentist in person for further suggestion. We need more investigations with clinical examination to decide upon treatment.
Hi Sir/Mam,
Hi lybrate-user mouth ulcers are a presenting symptom of a lot of conditions, and mental stress. Vitamin deficiencies are one of them, but you need to followup with the same person for 2-3 months. If ulcer is consistent at same place, it is better that you get it evaluated with a biopsy. If recurrent at different locations, then few blood tests may put a light on that. Only junk food cannot cause frequent ulcers. Do go to a familiar dentist and get the required investigations done.
Hi Sir/Mam,
Dear Lybrate user, mouth ulcers are mostly due to stress or dehydration. The reasons mentioned by all the doctors are also correct. If you have a stressful life, try to relax. Keep yourself hydrated and increase your intake of liquids and juices and water. Avoid extremely hot or spicy food. The ulcers take 7-10 days to heal normally so nothing to worry. Pay special attention to your oral hygiene.