- You should include food items from all the food groups, carbs, proteins, fats, vitamins, minerals in your diet to make it a well balanced one as not consuming a item from a particular group can lead to nutritional deficiency disorder
- include healthy carbs like fruits & vegetables, whole grains like wholewheat, brown rice, oats, corn
- protein foods like eggs, milk & milk products, non veg if you take, beans, legumes, sprouts, nuts
- healthy fats as in avocado, sea food, walnuts & other nuts like almonds, pista, cashews, peanuts
- avoid fried, processed & junk food.
For lunch and dinner you need to eat a balance like cereals (chapati, Dalia,rice pulao, khichdi,pulses and reasonable good amount of fat, for fibre you need salads and fruits );You also need to eat nuts (dry fruits ), dairy products like milk ,curd etc. If you are taking fruit juices in place of whole fruit that is fine -but eating whole fruit gives you fibre and additional vitamins ; If you are non-vegetarian it is good to take chicken, fish etc. -the quality of animal protein is better than vegetarian proteins.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.
Book appointment with top doctors for Diet treatment