Get help from best doctors, anonymously
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

Hi. Sir my father having diabetes problem. Blood sugar level 200 and last 2 years back his right leg 2nd finger facing small injury. After then doctor doing small operation for his leg. Doctor cuts his 2 fingers. After 6 moths my father health improve. But under the foot small infection will started still now he suffering from that infection. Two days ones he went to hospital and dressed to his leg .sir give me some gud medicine improving his condition.

4 Doctors Answered
Definitely you will be helped out but first of all please provide me the details of the medication n diet he is currently taking and provide me your contact details if possible.
Infection when occurs in a daibetic becomes hard to heal, you father need to control his blood sugar levels ,this is very very important. 2. He need to start on an antibiotic tablet too immediately. 3. He needs dressing for his foot everyday 4. He also need to get his eyes checked for any effects from high blood sugar level 5. He also needs some blood tests 6.he needs regular monitoring of his blood sugar levels 7. He needs to control his diet ,cutting off sugar an sweets from his diet and also reduce carbohydrates. Take care.
1 person found this helpful
Your father is suffering with diabetic foot with gangrene. You have to control sugar tightly by insulin, local dressing with take statin and blood thinners. Show to good diabetic foot specialist. Any further quiry you can ask.
Your father's ulcer is probably a neuropathic ulcer control the diabetes control infection with appropriate antibiotics and regular dressing will result in early healing.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.