My baby is 4 months old. My baby is sleeping at night times. But he is waking up 4 to 5 times. So that I am not sleeping much. Due to that I am feeling sleepy in the afternoon. But my mother-in-law is saying that if you sleep you will get headache in future which cannot be cured. But I can't stop myself without sleeping. Is sleeping in the afternoon really causes any affects.

Hello, it's normal phenomenon, please. Most of the mothers are scared of their babies who refuse to sleep in the night & cry. There is no harm at all to compensate your sleep at noon. To care.
don't worry at all..there are no effects of such kind known.. you are facing a normal phenomenon
A 4 month old baby sleeps well at night for 4 to 5 hours if last fed well at 11 so you can take good sleep. Anyway your query is about u. Sleep in afternoon don't cause such illness.
No what your MIL says is old and baseless belief. It is normal for babies to wake up in between and trouble their mothers. It is part of motherhood! You can take rest/sleep when you are tired in afternoon.