Please suggest any foods or diet to build up cartilage of knees in my 45 year old diabetic mom who has knee pain severely from three years?

Please suggest any foods or diet to build up cartilage of...
Hi she may take glycosaminoglycans and chondroitin sulphate combination tabs, which are nutrition supplements. Papaya is said to be good for nutrition and helps build cartilage tissue, but scientific evaluations are needed for further study thanks.
She should focus on weight control which is pretty much ok and do exercises regularly do build up quadriceps muscles. I personally feel more active life style will help her feel better and lessen her pains. Personally do not feel that medicines really work except pain killers which should be judiciously used. This Is we assume its only ageing osteoarthritis and there is no post injury acute onset that resulted in internal damage to the structures.(meniscus/Ligament ). Get her vitamins checked and encourage exercises.