Hello doctor. My L5-S1 disc has reduced in height with small right paracentral protrusion and annular tear. I have lot of pain when I sit for long time or when I was bending. please suggest me what should I do. So that I can again go to gym for exercise.

Hello doctor.
My L5-S1 disc has reduced in height with sm...
hi, yours seems to be disc prolapse. so better go for complete bed rest for 1 month and can do ayurvedic panchakarmas and external therapies like katee vasthi, thaila dhara ect under the supervision of an ayurveda doctor.
Hello doctor.
Hello lybrate-user, It seems as disc herniation. So do not join gym. Meanwhile go for physiotherapy if having pain. Otherwise avoid sit for long time and bending. If you show me the report privately then can advise the best exercises and medicine for you. Thanks.
Hello doctor.
1. Start with Physiotherapy treatment. 2. Learn spinal exercises. 3.Dont sit on floor. 4. Don't lift heavy things. 5. Use lumber spine belt. 6. Take calcium, vitamin D 3 and methylcobalmine supplement.
Hello doctor.
Apply Hot Fomentation twice daily. Avoid bending in front. Postural Correction- Sit Tall, Walk Tall. Extension Exercises x 15 times x twice daily - lying on tummy, take left arm up for 3 seconds, then bring it down, right arm up for 3 seconds, bring down. Bring right leg up, hold for 3 seconds, bring it down. Then right leg up and hold for 3 seconds and bring it down. Repeat twice a day- 10 times. Bhujang Asana -- Lie flat on your stomach, keeping the palms out, bend the neck backward, take a deep breath and while holding it for 6 seconds, raise the chest up. Release breath and relax your body. Repeat the exercise 15 times twice daily.