Dear Doctors, How to deal with mouth and tongue ulcer during 10th week of pregnancy. Met with E & T, refuse to prescribe any antibiotic medication. Told to gargle with saline water. Can I have any other home remedy which will not affect baby and can cure my whitey ulcers.

lybrate-user motherhood is a very special and delicate time for women she experiences mood alteration due to hormonal changes and anxiety and since the physical labour is less and intake of food increases ,digestion process is also affected .you have seen doctor and the advise is fine home remedies for oral ulcer is boroglycerin application or oragel can be applied locally. Take b complex and folic acid in consultation with your doctor and remain stress and anxiety free .have a cool time.
You can use rexidine plus mouthwash .10 ml twice daily for 1 week and apply ultigel ointment locally over lesion 3 to 4 times a day.
At this point of time you can just use an ulcer gel which contains only anaesthetic agent so as to relieve your pain. During pregnancy we have to avoid any sort of antibiotics so you can just do warm saline rinsing and apply ulcer gel over the area. It takes approximately 3-5 days for an ulcer to subside and heal completely.
You can use local anaesthetic agents, half an hour before having meals, these ulcers are in a transient phase. E.g Zytee.