Hello Doctor, This question is for my 53-year-old mother-in-law who has been having rheumatoid arthritis for about 30 years. She has had bilateral hip and knee replacements, and her last operation was done about 5 years ago. Things were going fine until about 2 months ago when she started having severe neck and shoulder pain, sometimes radiating to her arms. We did consult her regular rheumatologist, who has asked her to begin Adalimumab injections, twice a month. We came to know that there are severe sideeffects to the drug and would like to know more about it and the success percentage of Adalimumab injection. It would be great if you could help us find other treatment alternatives that we can look up to.

Hello Doctor,
This question is for my 53-year-old mother-...
Dear Radha, Namaskar, Adalimubab is a biologic drug,very effective in RA.......Ofcourse all the modern medicines do have some untoward and side effects.......but the treating Doctor has to titrate the dosage and choose the lesser evil out of Pendora of various drugs.... I am sure he will closely monitor the situation...There is no alternative treatment of this disease as for as scientific evidence is concerned.... Have faith and patience.... Take care.