1. Sitting for long hours in front of the computer and mobile screens is a major cause of neck and lower back pain, take regular breaks in between working hours
2. Lack of exercise leading to weakness of back muscles causes early fatigue of muscles, spare 30 minutes for jogging, running, back strengthening exercises
3. Weight gain, BMI more than 24 another important factor due to lifestyle and food habits, cut down junk and carbs, consume more salad and fibre diet
4. Vitamin d deficiency along with mineral deficiency is so common due to lack of sun exposure and healthy diet, take vitamin d and multivitamins
5. Stress is an additional insult on the body, enjoy your hobbies, spend time with family, friends, utilize weekend for sports etc, rather than sleeping alone
6. Smoking, alcohol addiction has been shown to worsen the back pain, try rehabilitation and self-introspection and exploration
7. Posture correction is very important as bad posture precipitates pain, try posture correction belts and sit leaning back as much as possible and keep the laptop at eye level
8. Do not ignore warning signs like evening rise of temperature, loss of appetite, weight loss more than 10%, radiation of pain down the thigh, weakness or numbness of arms and legs
9. Talk to your body and consult regarding your health with a doctor and get whole body checkups on a yearly basis at least
10. Ask questions always, don't hesitate!
Neck pain is fairly common among adults. It results from the soft tissues such as ligaments, muscles and tendons. It can result from spasms and muscle strain from neck problems such as disc degeneration and spinal stenosis. Be it a chronic pain or a sudden one, addressing it is important to get on with the daily office life.
Here is a list of some quick solutions, which when followed can give considerable relief from the pain: