Consult Online With India's Top Doctors
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

I am a 22 year old male. I have pain in my neck, eyes, ear. My hands shiver a lot. And lately I have also beginning to stammer and fumble a lot. My speech is also slurred. There is pain in my calf when a do any small activity. I have gone to various doctors over the past 2 years, but none of them have cured my symptoms. Some doc said I need a psychiatrist. So I m going to a few psychiatrists and all the psychiatrist tell me that I have different disease. Some doc say I have anxiety disorder, some say I have adhd, some say I have double depression, some say I have compulsive disorder. I m taking a lot of antidepressant over the last 1 year but still no positive effect has been there. I m very stressed now. And I am feeling hopeless and helpless. No doctor can cure my disease or even find out what I am suffering from. I have a feeling doctors are just telling me wrong things and making money. Over the last 2 years I have spent alot of money for my treatment. But no improvement. What should I do?

1 Doctor Answered
I do not have complete symptoms to come to a diagnosis from the brief you have given so far. It will certainly help to meet with a counselor too, or a clinical psychologist who could conduct some psychological tests and help to come to a diagnosis. Apart from that, do regular counseling for the tension you are in currently. Through that interaction, the professional can learn a lot more and give you specific help based on a lot of data. I hope your parents accompany you to fill in information from your childhood and cover any heredity factors that may also be playing a role. In the course of all this I suggest you explore either acupuncture or acupressure: there is a possibility that you could benefit from that. Psychiatrists are not out to make money out of you. If there are confusing symptoms, they have to by trial and error find out what kind of medicine will work on you and how much dosage is required for your condition. As they narrow down to what is called the optimum dose for you, then they can maintain that prescription for long enough to stabilize the brain chemistry. If you change doctors in the interim, you are not giving them adequate time to go through these perfunctory functions.
3 people found this helpful
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.