Hi, I want to know that how I can recognise that I am into depression because most of the time I feel under confident, and short breathing, not able to make any decisions for my life and I am totally lost in to my thoughts.

Hi, I want to know that how I can recognise that I am int...
The word depressed is a common everyday word. People might say "I'm depressed" when in fact they mean "I'm fed up because I've had a row, or failed an exam, or lost my job", etc. These ups and downs of life are common and normal. Most people recover quite quickly. With true depression, you have a low mood and other symptoms each day for at least two weeks Core (key) symptoms:- 1. Persistent sadness or low mood. This may be with or without weepiness. 2. Marked loss of interest or pleasure in activities, even for activities that you normally enjoy. Other common symptoms:- Disturbed sleep compared with your usual pattern. This may be difficulty in getting off to sleep, or waking early and being unable to get back to sleep. Sometimes it is sleeping too much. Change in appetite. This is often a poor appetite and weight loss. Sometimes the reverse happens with comfort eating and weight gain. Tiredness (fatigue) or loss of energy. Agitation or slowing of movements. Poor concentration or indecisiveness. For example, you may find it difficult to read, work, etc. Even simple tasks can seem difficult. Feelings of worthlessness, or excessive or inappropriate guilt. Recurrent thoughts of death. This is not usually a fear of death, more a preoccupation with death and dying. For some people despairing thoughts such as "life's not worth living" or "I don't care if I don't wake up" are common. Sometimes these thoughts progress into thoughts and even plans for suicide