Lybrate Logo
Get the App
For Doctors
Book Appointment
Ask a Question
Plan my Surgery
Health Feed
Facebook Icon
Twitter Icon
Telegram Icon
Linkedin Icon
Health Query

My friends mother died recently. It all started early in the morning. She forgot to take her high BP tablet the night before. Early morning she started vomiting with severe headache, nausea and her lower body below vest was sort of paralysed. My friend gave her two 25 mg tablets Enam-25 and she was rushed to the nearby hospital. There ECG did not show any heart attack. Later they checked sugar, electrolyte, lipid profile. All reports were normal. An echo test was done showing normal valve functioning but 40% LV diastolic contraction. The heart specialist said it's with in the normal range but suggested that treatment be started. She was injected and a tablet was given. After taking tablet she vomited and then collapsed. Nothing worked out and she was declared dead. Now my friend is worried that was it a mistake to give two 25 mg tablets to control BP? Did that dose mislead the heart specialist? The doctors were informed that she had been given two tablets. Was one tablet enough and would that have given true information in echo test or ECG? Could anybody explain. Please tell.

2Doctors Answered
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.
Book appointment with top doctors for High Blood Pressure treatment
View fees, clinic timings and reviews

Ask a free question

Get FREE multiple opinions from Doctors

posted anonymously
Pristyn Care Banner
Treatment Enquiry
Get treatment costs, find best hospitals/clinics and know other details


View All