My son is 7 years old. But he eats very less and shows tantrums on forcing him to eat. We're always worried about this. He's also very weak and short as compared to kids of his age. We consulted a child health specialist and the tests show that his intestines are very sensitive which creates problem in digestion. We tried many cures and medicines but all in vain. Please help me out on this.
1. Firstly avoid force feeding your child. Children usually eat as much as they require.
2. Try to give attractive meals (mostly finger foods) which are nutritious & energy dense but low in volume. Ex- dhokla, khandvi, steamed momo, soya/chicken/paneer roll made with atta at home, paneer sandwich, almond milkshake, mango juice, premix, malt, baked sweet potato fingers, dates-almond ladoo, til ladoo, chicken/ soya cutlet, etc.
3. Avoid empty calorie/ junk foods like burgers, cold drinks, cakes, pizza
4. Make him eat with family without any distraction like TV / mobile
5. Encourage him to play outside, shop with you & cook his own meals
You should look if he has intestinal worms or not?
try giving him stable diet - easy to digest.
Do not force him to eat.
If he drinks milk - let him drink 2 glasses of milk daily - morning & evening.
If not then add some flavor which he likes - mango/strawberry/chocolate.
Avoid giving him horlicks/complain/bournvita etc.
Rely on home made foods only.
In my experience small quanity highly calorie dense stuff like kheer, eggs, soya based food even soya milk are good to provide more calories. Market made dew protein rich powders are also available and works for whose happy to have milk but not rest of food.
Few hunger stimulators time being can be prescribed and you may rule out a condition known as" gerd. Chornic cause of gastritis.
1 person found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Thank you for your feedback.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.
Book appointment with top doctors for Body Weakness treatment