In a free diagnosis camp, I got to know that I have osteoporosis (T score -3.5). Post this I got my full checkup done, all other tests are good except (Vit D 11.98) & B12 88) which are towards insufficiency end. Though my lifestyle was sedentary but I have picked up running in last 5 years and have run quite a few half marathons. I have left all this as I have developed foot pain and weight again increased post quitting running. After a gap of a year, I have again started workouts and I run 2 km 3-4 times a week and do 30 min walks daily, followed by workout. I do these exercises in park so get some sun exposure as well. I am 39 year old (Wt 85 kgs), my legs pains whenever I run fast now. Pls advise what should be done so that I can continue running long.

In a free diagnosis camp, I got to know that I have osteo...
Dear lybrate-user, namaskar, you seem to do very well with your workout. Keep it up. Avoid running fast continuously. You can do that intermittently and increase the speed gradually. Secondly. Bmd test done in a free camp is a very crude sort of screening. If you wish, get bone densitometry done at a reputed radiology centre for exact assessment. You may take dv k-60 once a week and becosule twice a day for 3 months to compensate the deficiency reported. Take care.