You have it seems developed a neck strain due to maybe bad posture while sleeping etc.
If you have localized neck pain with no other symptoms like radiating upper limb pain, neurological symptoms like numbness, weakness, paresthesias etc, then you can start with following recommendations for initial period of 2-3 weeks: - to maintain proper posture of your neck while working and sleeping
- if pain is more then you can take a short course of an anti-inflammatory medications which suits you, you can also add a muscle relaxant for relief of muscular spasm
- physical therapy initially under supervision of a trained physiotherapist and then to continue at home
- adequate calcium & vitamin d intake if levels are low in body
- ice packs can applied if your pain is acute, then hot fomentation can be done at home
- analgesic spray for local application can be used and is easily available.
- avoid lifting heavyweight specially overhead, sleeping with maintenance of proper posture and using a firm to hard mattress etc.
We will observe you for next 2-3 weeks how you respond to this conservative management protocol.
If you are not feeling better, then we might have to get some investigations like dynamic x rays of lower back and few blood tests for evaluation. Do not hesitate to contact me if you need any further assistance.
10 people found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Thank you for your feedback.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.
Book appointment with top doctors for Back Pain treatment