Dear sir, I need your help for my friend. She was raped by a guy in her childhood. The thing type rape came four time again in her life by some unknowns and close ones. Because of it she is so upset that some night she can't sleep. These things comes again and again into her mind and she cries every time. She didn't tell her parents and she don't want to tell them about this thing. She met with a psychiatrist but still she is not happy. She gets frightened when people suddenly comes close to her. Please sir help her in this regard. Thanks.

1 Doctor Answered
This is an issue of very serious nature and it is going to affect any future relationship in her life. She doesn't need medicines but needs to personally meet relationship expert/ psychotherapist as early as possible to open her heart out and catharsis. She has suppressed all her sufferings and this is disturbing her behavior and life. For quality life and relationship. Marriage & sexuality she needs to be listen to & understood. So that clarity comes in her life, move on, be quick and meet up as early as possible.
90 people found this helpful
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.