Dear Doctor, I am a 40 years old male suffering from frequent one sided headache migraines (predominantly left side of the head) combined with nausea and vomiting. I have changed my hard pillow to a softer one, and started doing neck exercises thrice on account of which it has reduced the frequency of stiffness around the neck areas. Should I start using cervical pillow or not?
Hello, you can use cervical pillow.
Migrain is a form of headache. The pain is usually throbbing, pulsating and bursting in character. At times, the pain is one sided or may involve the whole head. Such pain may last for hours or even days. It is often accompanied by other symptoms like nausea or vomiting. At the same time, there is increased sensitivity to light and sound. The causes of the problem may vary from one patient to another and so will the final choice of the homeopathic remedy will also vary.
Prevention tips :-
1. Keep a headache diary: This may help you in identifying the trigger factors such as foods, activities and weather
2. Exercise regularly: Regular exercise, yoga and relaxation techniques such as meditation can also be of great help.
3. Keep regular sleep patterns: Sleep adequately. Sleeping too much or too less can trigger migraine.
4. Watch out what you eat:Foods such as caffeine and Chinese foods that contain monosodium glucamate and chocolates cheese are well-known trigger factors.
5. Eat regularly: Fasting is a very common trigger in many people. If it is such a factor for you too, make sure that you eat at regular intervals.
***Selection of Homoeopathic remedy depends upon the totality of your symptoms. So please share your symptoms.
1 person found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Thank you for your feedback.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.
Book appointment with top doctors for Nausea treatment