Maintain a healthier lifestyle!
Explore Natural Products recommended by Top Health Experts.

I am suffering from pain. From back to ankle a doctor told me that it can be sciatica pain. I wish to get relief from this as this is the beginning stage. Please help.

To manage new sciatica pain, you may find that certain positions and activities are more comfortable than others. The proper exercises from a physiotherapist will help reduce sciatic pain. The exercises recommended will depend on what's causing the sciatica. It's important to work with a specialist who has experience working with people with sciatica. It's also important to do the exercises exactly as directed. Here are some home treatments for sciatica which you can follow: -do not bend, lift, or sit in a soft, low chair; the pain will get worse. -try a cold pack to see if it helps the pain. If you don't have a cold pack, use a large bag of frozen vegetables; it makes a good first aid cold pack. -after the cold massages, try alternating with heat from hot bag. -you may feel better lying on your back on a firm surface with a pillow under knees. Another option is lying on side with a pillow between the knees to keep the back straight. Also, a recliner chair is helpful. -do activities one is able to tolerate. Best wishes.