Maintain a healthier lifestyle!
Explore Natural Products recommended by Top Health Experts.
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

Hi Doc, I m a 35years old male without a job, married and have 3 kids. I am very much worried with my weight. My height is 5feet 9inches and I weigh approximately 120kgs. I have gone thru the material ober tje internet flowing like flood but tjey all say me to either jog or run on treadmill about an hour or so. I can not really jog or run or neither walk briskly (due to excess weight I suppose). I am happy to walk slowly and gradually increase the speed of my steps. So, here comes the question how can I steadily reduce my weight and melt this excess fat on my body? Would you recommend any plan of action for me to achieve my target goal of 85kgs or less than 90kgs at least? Would you also let me know to follow any home remedies? I know about honey lemon and luke warm water. Apart from that if any wud you recommend me to get thru this tough time that will be really helpful and appreciable. Anticipate a quicker reply as I can not weight to lose weight. Note: I have a knee joint pain at the moment so can not run or jogg. Developed this due to intense running on treadmill almost 7 to 8 years ago. Thanks and regards, MSN.

1 Doctor Answered
Hello lybrate-user your bmi is 39 which is significantly higher that normal range of 18 to 23. You fall in the category of morbid obesity, your knee problems and your breathing problems are due to weight. In this situation loosing weight with just diet and exercise is almost impossible. Bariatric surgery can come to your help. It really gives good result, weight loss, solving knee problems, treating diabetes and hypertension. You can go through my website drchiragthakkar. Com for further details of bariatric surgery.
1 person found this helpful
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.