I have pain in my kidney doctor check by the sonography report 11 mm size stone so what I do than take the food and who ignore food.

I have pain in my kidney doctor check by the sonography r...
Hi lybrate-user, a 11 mm stone will definitely need some medications in addition to dietary changes for dissolution. If there is hydronephrosis (swelling in kidney), do not delay endoscopic treatment. Otherwise, you can try some medications and dietary changes. Most important things to dissolve kidney stones are to keep your kidneys healthy and keep healthy urine flowing. How to keep the kidneys healthy? 1. Prevent or control hypertension, hypercholesterolemia and diabetes. 2. Exercise regularly; at least 30 min per day. 3. Take adequate natural vitamins and minerals in the form of fresh fruits and vegetables (except moderation in leafy vegetables, beans and tomato) 4. Reduce salt intake (<4 g /day). 5. Reduce animal protein (chicken, mutton, fish, milk etc) intake. How to keep your urine healthy? 1. Drink 3 to 4 litre of fluids/day to keep urine output > 2 to 2.5 litre/day. Make sure that your urine is not yellowish. 2. Increase good minerals like citrate, potassium and magnesium in urine. All these are abundant in fruits, especially citrus fruits like lemon and orange. 3. Decrease bad minerals like calcium, oxalate, uric acid and sodium in urine. 4. Do not reduce calcium intake too much. Calcium is required for bones, teeth, muscles etc. Moreover, too much reduction in calcium increases oxalate in urine leading to stones. 2 small glasses of milk per day is acceptable. 5. Non-vegetarian diet increases uric acid production. Reduce them. 6. Tea, coffee, tomato, greens, chocolate and beans are rich in oxalate. Moderation is required. With all these dietary modifications your kidneys may still be excreting large amounts of bad minerals and less of good minerals due to genetic predisposition. These can be checked in 24 hour urine tests. If so, you may need some special medications to prevent stones. However, if the size of stone is not decreasing after 3 months of medicines and food control, it is better to get it removed endoscopically, since it is a little larger to get dissolved easily.