Get help from best doctors, anonymously
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

My mother is 73 year old She is unable to walk or even go to toilet due to severe pain in knees She is overweight too due to medication for KNEE PAIN Please help.

7 Doctors Answered
Hi thanks for the query From the complaints you had described she is most probably suffering from acute exacerbation of osteoarthritis knee. She is not overweight due to medications. She must also put down weight to get relief from pain. It can be possible only by cutting down the food. Please consult your orthopedician for immediate treatment of pain.
Use swarnaguggulu 1 bd and tab 4steps 2 bd and review after 15 days
Only knee prob then knee replacement will help her.
Try for knee replacement surgery. Cheap and good quality Indian made.Contact SANCHETI HOSPITAL,PUNE,MAHARASHTRA.
Dear, This could be due to OA knee & obesity.Physiotherapy along with medicines will help. Not all patients of pain knee need joint replacement. Most of them can be managed without surgery. Dr N C Gupta (MS Ortho) Saroj clinic 4/19 Roop Nagar Delhi 110007 India
Most probably she has osteoarthritis secondary to obesity. Kindly investigate her for thyroid profile and diabetes along with other routine blood test.
1 person found this helpful
Start with Physiotherapy for Knee pain. Use knee cap also. Take calcium supplement
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.