Get help from best doctors, anonymously
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

The back of my right side heel is seen bulged and feels pain while walking. What I should do?

3 Doctors Answered
You need to observe if you're getting the pain as soon as you put your first foot down in the morning. It could be a calcaneal spur related pain which can be easily diagnosed on an xray. Also it could be associated with tight plantar fascia. In such case icing alongwith ultrasound and plantar fascia stretches should help.
It seems to be an inflammation of the achillies tendon . You can ice it couple of times a day and avoid strenuous activity like running , cycling etc ... Change your footwear if they're worn and take some rest. Once the pain subsides, start doing some stretching for your calf muscles . See a therapist If the pain still persist to have a proper ankle and foot examination .
If there is no other problem then it can be bursitis at the back of heel due to your shoe. or else you may be developing extra bone growth in heel. Upload photo of your foot from back and side view. [Automatically added by Lybrate] Click "Consult Dr. Alpana Dongre" below to consult privately with the doctor.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.