Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

I feel tense and depressed while going for a party or attending any function. What can i do to overcome this.

2 Doctors Answered
You may be having excessive fear of social situations. Consult a psychiatrist for overcoming this difficulty. Both medications and counselling(Cognitive behavior therapy) are available as treatments.
you could be suffering from Social Anxiety Disorder. It requires treatment with a trained psychotherapist or a psychiatrist. Kindly consult them
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.