Get help from best doctors, anonymously
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

I'm suffering in teeth pain and the gum of cheek tooth is swelled, it is very painful. Can you tell me what should I do in that time and how can I get rid off from this pain. Thank you.

4 Doctors Answered
Dear lybrate-user I would suggest to get your x ray of the concerned tooth done as soon as possible. May be if there is a cavity deep enough it may be saved by doing root canal.
Consult a dentist if cavity get filling done you may require rct n cap.
Tooth pain combined with swelling in gums indicates acute infection. Suggest you to visit your dentist for checkup and X ray. Pain could be because of deep cavity in tooth. After proper clinical examination and investigation your dentist will prescribe you medicines with antibiotic coverage if necessary and treatment plan. In the mean time do warm saline mouth rinse.
1 person found this helpful
Visit a dentist every six months for cleaning and a thorough dental check-up. Limit sugary food to avoid tooth decay. Gargle your mouth thoroughly after every meal. Scrub gently to clean your tongue with a tongue cleaner. Floss all your teeth inter dentally & brush twice daily, morning & night, up & down short vertical strokes, with ultra-soft bristles, indicator brush. Tooth brush to be changed every 2 months.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.