Maintain a healthier lifestyle!
Explore Natural Products recommended by Top Health Experts.

Hi doctor I'm 25 years old may I use meladerm for my àcne scars and medium brown skin.

It’s better to avoid using it because of risk of rashes in direct sunlight
For people with severe acne oral retinoids helps control sebum production and pimples. You may need actibiotics to control active acne like oral doxycycline and local clindamycin creams. Once the acne is under control then you can start treatment for pimple marks which may be pigmentation or scars. There are various treatments for acne scars which include creams, chemical peels, microdermaabrasion, microneedling, radiofrequency, surgery, fat fill laser etc. Creams work only for superficial pigmentation not for scars. You can start initially on milder depigmentation creams which contain kojic acid, arbutin, niacinamide like Melaglow at night and use sunscreen (SPF 35 and above) three times a day. Laser toning using Q switch Nd Yag laser is an option but results variable. You may need 6-8 sessions at 3 weeks gap. And depending on type of skin whether oily or dry you can choose a face wash. It need examination and personalised plan. You can consult in private with photographs.