My dad workouts regularly. Same way he was working out the other day doing abs exercise. But then he started feeling some pain in the butt almost through the right thighs to leg. He said he feels some pain the nerve almost like a pinched nerve. He did go to the doctor for checking on it but then the doctor just gave him some pain killers. He still feels some pain in the area. So, he went for an oil massage. But still the pain persists. What do you think would have caused the pain? Is it dangerous? What treatment can be taken? Please do help me understand what exactly is the problem and diagnostics to be taken.

My dad workouts regularly. Same way he was working out th...
If the pain started suddenly and is radiating from the back to the back of the thigh and leg, it is most likely a herniated disc. You need to visit an orthopaedician who will examine your dad and see if the disc is pressing on any nerve. In such a case there will be tingling and numbness and possibly weakness in the feet. X rays and MRI may be needed if your examining doctor feels necessary based on the findings. For the meanwhile, your dad has to take rest. Lay down on a soft flat bed with a pillow under the knees. If he has to get up from bed, he should turn to the side, hang his legs and then get up supported. If he is taking any pain reliever, he can continue. Strictly avoid any bending or lifting objects from the floor. He should also avoid any stretching or massages. Physiotherapy will be guided once your doctor examines.
Core Strengthening Exercises- Straight Leg Raised With Toes Turned Outward, repeat 10 times, twice a day.