Get help from best doctors, anonymously
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

Hello doctor 4 months ago, I had extracted my third molar. But tooth extraction failed and only crown was removed and root could not extracted. So at that time dentist has suggested me to wait for 4 to 6 month because it will supra erupt. Since 4 months I am not having any issues, no pain and no any unusualness. So is it necessary to extract it again or I should wait until I don't feel any problem.

2 Doctors Answered
Consult a maxillofacial surgeon it's in there preview usually it should b removed or it may turn into an emergency any time without giving you much notice.
Remaining root part may or may not cause pain depending upon the oral cleanliness you will maintain. It is preferable to get it removed since there is chance of infection. Get an x Ray done and get it removed by an experienced dental surgeon.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.