Consult Online With India's Top Doctors
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

Hi sir/mam, My Friend is 20 years old. She's currently studying but her conservative parents don't support her. They are constantly trying to limit her in any and every way. She feels trapped and like she has no life (from what she's told me). She's depressed and sometimes talk about taking her life but says she won't do it. She refused to go to a psychiatrist. Please suggest what should I do?

1 Doctor Answered
Dear Consistent sadness and self harming thoughts are dangerous and may be sign of underlying depression. U cn consult some psychiatrist online giving detailed overview of her symptoms. So proper therapy or treatment cn be planned Regards.
1 person found this helpful
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.