Maintain a healthier lifestyle!
Explore Natural Products recommended by Top Health Experts.

My baby is about to complete 8th month. She is suffering with motions so doctor prescribed promethazine syrup i.p 5 ml dose. I gave her. But after I searched in google about it and results scared me dat it shouldn't be given to babies less dan 2 years. Is it true and I already gave syrup to her once. It that ok? Im really worried.

Please give breast feeding as much as you can. It might be because of food which is you might have started now a days. If baby is not dehydrating with motions then give breast milk with ORS and zinc.
Promethazine is used very commonly for its sedative side effect even before the age of 2 years (off label use. If your infant has not suffered any side effects such as: - -Abnormal movements - jerky movements, tremors -Difficulty to breathe -Hyper excitability -unable to sleep or stay still -Tongue protrusion and /upward rolling of the eyeballs (occulogyric crisis) Then, no harm has been done and your baby can tolerate the drug. However, you could tell your Doctor, that you would prefer that she/he give you an alternate medicine the next time.