My grandmother got blood clot in brain and now she is suffering from paralysis her right leg and hand are not working she even lost her talking ability. She is 74 years old and doctors saying that they can not do anything to help her. But she is able understand what we are saying to her and her left side area is working she says through sign that she is hungry and thirst. But she is open her eyes but not identifying persons. May I know she will live or die please someone help us with your answers ASAP. I can not bear to see her like that she was going through hell.

Hello dear lybrate-user, hi Warm welcome to Lybrate.com I have evaluated your query for your grandmother thoroughly.* This is typical case of cerebrovascular stroke.* As per the narration, there are no signs that she is going to die.* She requires intensive medications, physiotherapy,nutritional support through nasal tube feeding, she can surely recover which takes around 4 - 6 months.* Do not loss hope, this is totally curable condition, patience is required on all relatives part.* Best doctor to treat is neurophysician. Hope this clears your query. Wishing her fine recovery. Welcome for any further assistance. Regards take care.