Hi lybrate-user, Considering the high sugar
content in sodas and food that we eat on a regular basis, it is surprising that more people haven’t gotten gum infections known as gingivitis
. Blacked out teeth, a greenish crusty layer of foul smelling bacteria and worse portraits are the long term effects of gum infection
. While treatments at the dentist
may be expensive, there are ways to maintain your teeth using home remedies.
1. Gargling With Salt Water
- Surprisingly this very popular method of preserving the mouth has faded with time. Gargling with salt water was a way like mouthwash to clean your teeth. It still is in fact. The salt in the water will dry out the skin of your gums and strain the bacterial infections
in your mouth. Potency of the salt water solution would be dictated by the severity of the case but not to exceed 15-20% as you can actually salt your gums so much that they crack when they dry. When gargling with salt water you also don’t want to swallow it.
2. Clove Oil - Good for pain
, clove oil has a naturally pain-relieving effect. It is a very sugary substance but works as an analgesic and keeps pain far
away. Clove oil may not be the best direct way to cure gingivitis, but for very bad pain related to gingivitis; clove oil in addition to treatment will help soothe the pain. It numbs nerves and acts like a weak form of general anesthesia.
3. Garlic - Garlic can be useful in dealing with pain as well. Garlic, however, has very astounding properties when it comes to boosting your immune system. Garlic that is boiled in coconut oil will make a rich garlic oil that can be rubbed into the gums to both combat the spread of gingivitis and to soothe the pain.
4. Baking Soda - Baking soda works well as an agent with which to rinse your teeth. Baking soda is usually a kitchen item and may be readily available where hydrogen peroxide
powder may not. Using both together is fine too – baking soda, hydrogen peroxide powder and salt was an early form of toothpaste at one point.
5. Hydrogen Peroxide: If you take just a teaspoon of hydrogen peroxide powder and put it into a cup of water, then rinse, you’ll be doing yourself and everyone else a big favor if you have gingivitis. Hydrogen peroxide powder kills bacteria related to bad breath
. When your jaws smell fouler than what you eat – hop on a twice daily dose of gargling with hydrogen peroxide power solution in mostly water.
Hope this helps. Good Luck.