Sir, I think that I suffered from trigeminal neuralgia because I have headache from last 4 years with similar symptoms as above disease and because of it now I depressed very much because my daily life ruined by this, so please suggest me the test to confirm that I suffered from trigeminal neuralgia and complete treatment to cure disease.

1 Doctor Answered
First it's important to show to the neurologist to see if it's a trigeminal neuralgia or any other headache similar to iit. MRI Brain is needed. There are various ways to manage trigeminal neuralgia. If adequate dosage of medication does not bring relief. Then you can have nerve blocks depending on which nerve is involved or radiofrequency ablation of the gasserion ganglion. Also there are surgical procedures .if your MRI shows a vascular loop then microvascular decompression done gives good relief. Or nowadays cyber knife surgery is a minimally invasive procedure in which high dose of focused radiation is given. So you can find about all these and explore your options,
3 people found this helpful
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.