I am 61 years old male and suffering from ano-rectal fistula for past 7 yrs. This disease had been diagnosed by my surgeon. The hole near perianal area closes for a month and gradually swells to a pea size and opens. Bleeding occurs and I do dressing with antiseptic solution for 3 days and the hole closes. There was no pain / problem for one month and then abscess develops, opens and bleeding takes place. This is recurring process. There was no problem till last 3 months, now the closing of hole is not taking place since I have type 2 diabetes (fasting blood sugar 123 mg per dl) and taking metformin 500 mg 1 bid. I want cure thru medicines (non surgical methods) and afraid of surgical intervention. Pl suggest pills, drops and other guidelines for getting rid of the ailment of anal fistula.

Surgery is the best option and this fistula doesn't cure by medicine! So don't get worry becoz you need only two to three days admitted in hospital after surgery! So no need to worry at all, you will be cured by fistulectomy!