I have left leg knee pain. What is the remedies of that. How I can control the pain.

I have left leg knee pain. What is the remedies of that. ...
Hi thanks for your query and welcome to lybrate. I am Dr. Akshay from fortis hospital, new delhi. Your knee pain could be due to certain reasons but common ones are chondromalacia, pain due to knee instability, inflammation etc. If there is no history of any injury, and no s/s of inflammation or infection like swelling, skin redness or local warmth on touching, then I will like to advise you for conservative management initially in form of: - intensive physical therapy with focus on strengthening of quadriceps and stretching of other group of muscles - gentle anti inflammatory medications like tab etoshine or tab paracetamol can be taken in small doses for 5-7 days - adequate calcium and vitamin d supplementation as per requirement - ice packs at home for 3-4 times in a day and see how it goes for around 2 weeks time. If your condition does not improve, then we will have to get certain investigations done. Do not hesitate to contact me if you need any further assistance. You can also discuss your case and treatment plans with me in a greater detail in a private consultation.