My mother (Age 51, weight 69 kg) has osteoarthritis and the synovial fluid of the right knee (Arthritis grade 4) is nearly gone but the bones of the left leg started to bend and paining more severe from 2 month on wards. And BMD results shows osteoporosis (T-Score = -4.06) (Z Score = -2.63) but uric acid (3.7 mg/dL) and serum calcium is normal. She also has mild diabetes and High BP (140/80). Should we go for the knee replacement surgery or is there any alternative ayurvedic treatment of it? And Can knee replacement surgery successful in osteoporosis bones?

My mother (Age 51, weight 69 kg) has osteoarthritis and t...
Hi dear, To know whether knee replacement would be successful or not for your mother, you need to get some set of physical tests done for her by a good Physiotherapists. There are no of conditions responsible for final outcome of knee replacement- 1- Muscular strength of legs before surgery 2- Clinical condition of joint 3- Metabolic disorders of patient 4- Post operative care and Strengthning of the replaced joint as well as entire limb Whether other alternative treatment will work for your mother, can be said only after examining her. If you wish you can consult me for proper guidance on alternative treatment, replacement and various other things related to her.