My cousin sister is 8 years old, from last 7-8 months I have observing different changes in her behavior. She do not gell up with kids at school, apart from that, she have even started getting jealous with the others, if her parents give attention to some other child, though she is the only child. As per what I have observed, the jealousy or insecurity she faces is with the child of same gender (ex. If her parents gifts anything to any girl, she starts crying loud, or even if they talk to any other kid politely, even then there is a trouble.(i have not seen the same for the other sex). I am very much worried because few months back, it never happened & now this thing is at its pace.

Dear user. I can understand. But there is nothing to be alarmed, panic or worried. The child is just 8 years old and the child is developing emotional behavior patterns. At this age period all children go through emotional turmoil. Parents and others need to make the child emotionally strong and stable. To achieve this, you should approach the behavior with stringent and no-respite confrontation. I suggest online counseling so that this aspect can be made understood. Take care.