My mom is 66 years old. She is suffered from knee pain and sometimes chest pain also. Her ecg was normal. So we done vitamin d test. And she has very low level of vitamin d. 5.0 ng/ml. Kindly suggest what should we do now? Should I start giving her vitamin d medicine? How to raise te level? Also told me what are the effects of low vitamin d level in body.

My mom is 66 years old. She is suffered from knee pain an...
Sports Taping- stretch the tape from both ends and apply on the affected area Contrast Fomentation (Hot and Cold). Contrast bath---It is a form of treatment knee is applied warm water followed by the immediate application of the knee with ice water. This procedure is repeated several times, alternating hot and cold. Note that the treatment should always end in the ice water, as heat will induce the body's inflammatory response, while cold helps to decrease inflammation.
You have to give her vitamin D (easily available in the market) and see that her overall nutritional support is good. Let her have a balanced diet. Your doctor might have already prescribed the necessary medications. You can also add milk and dairy products which are of low-fat nature. Regular medical checkup is also important to assess her general health. You can add Homeopathy also as it is very safe and beneficial in old age (to maintain good metabolism and immunity.) Call me if needed.
Due to vit D deficiency she can get Trivial trauma fractures, low backpain, Neck pain, knee pain provide her cholecalciferol 60k every week,& daily calcium support.