I have been suffering from social anxiety and depression. N few days back I came across a book 'The mood cure by Julia Ross. It suggests different treatments for anxiety through natural supplements along with the prescribed dosage. For the symptoms and problems that m going through, the author recommends a supplement named L- tyrosine and omega 3 fish oil. As well as 5-htp. These are all amino acids. I want to try them all but I still feel a bit doubtful since these are little expensive. Please suggest me if I should try them as per the prescribed dosage?

The medications you mentioned come under the category of adjuvants and not primary therapeutic agents for depression. The medications for depression are not that costly, about 5 Rupees per day only. These supplements are marketed as not having side effects and effective, while the fact is that, they do have side effects and not that effective compared with primary antidepressants. So kindly consult a psychiatrist and get appropriate medication.
The anxiety can interfere significantly with daily routines, occupational performance, or social life, making it difficult to complete school, interview and get a job, and have friendships and romantic relationships. Social anxiety disorder usually begins in childhood or adolescence, and children are prone to clinging behavior, tantrums, and even mutism. These need psychotherapy and counselling